Posted on Apr 20, 2013 | LEAVE A COMMENT
by Shannon Keith
Founder of International Princess™ Project
Each year I am met with the challenge of figuring out a way to really make my mama feel loved and treasured for the amazing mother that she is. The task is daunting really… how does one properly thank the woman in your life who gave you life? Is a small token of appreciation even appropriate considering that she not only bore you for 9 months, (if not in her physical body, definitely in her heart for adoptive families) but selflessly loved you, sacrificed for you and tenderly cared for you for so many years? I’m always seeking ways to give meaningful gifts to my mama. Simple gifts that reflect the endless love and respect I have for her.
The rising trend of shopping with a purpose and giving mothers a gift with meaning has never been more relevant than Mother’s Day at IPP. It is mostly because of their role as mother, that the brave women in our 3 IPP sewing centers had the courage to escape the brothels and seek new lives of freedom and dignity for their children in the first place. When asked how they were able to survive and ultimately escape the brothels, they most often respond- because they wanted a better life for their children. It is the fierce and tender love of motherhood that fueled their resolve for a new and better life for their kids. So now these amazing Indian mother’s are sewing Punjammies™ that can be gifted to every mother as a symbol of the enduring beauty of mother’s everywhere!
Now that I am a mother of 3 myself, I sort of get the connection between the gratitude I feel as a daughter, and the privledge of being gifted with the treasures of my own children that I am entrusted with. I can’t wait for Mother’s Day this year…
Posted on Apr 12, 2013 | LEAVE A COMMENT
by: Kelly Casciotta
Whenever we get new product in, we have to photograph it. This gives us a chance to pull in the talented, creative types to help style, photograph and present all of the lovely things the ladies in India are sewing every day!
This recent shoot was a simple one as we just needed some fresh images of the new product that arrived, so that it was ready to show and sell on http://www.punjammies.com
Photography was done by the lovely and SUPER talented Michelle Kim Photography. You saw some of her creative eye in our Fall 2012 shoot and you’ll see more of it in our Spring/Summer shoot, coming later next month. But even for something as simple as a white backdrop, Michelle makes every model that steps in front of her shine her brightest.
So… what can you enjoy this month? Some fresh new arrivals in many of our most popular fabrics, this time without the Barnasi border. So for you minimalists out there, THIS IS YOUR TIME… all kinds of simple, lovely things in our online store for you to peruse.
Here are a few samples.. as well as a sweet little candid Michelle grabbed after the shoot wrapped.. just in time to get you thinking about Mothers Day, right?? More to come on that next week!
Posted on Jan 04, 2013 | LEAVE A COMMENT
DON'T FORGET TO SHARE THIS VIDEO WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK
Posted on Apr 26, 2012 | LEAVE A COMMENT
We are inspired every day by the women in the International Princess™ Project sewing centers, especially the mothers. They’ve made tremendous sacrifices to ensure that their children are safe, protected, and loved; their work at the sewing centers allows their children to go to school and have a life of opportunity and hope.
This Mother’s Day, we want to honor the mother(s) in your life -- the woman who has shaped you into who you are today -- and give you an opportunity to win two pairs of PUNJAMMIES™. How? Send us a photo of you and your mom (or just your mom) and answer the question (in fewer than 500 characters): Who Are You Because of Her? We will post all the stories and photos to Facebook and Pinterest throughout the week. (See specific guidelines for Facebook and Pinterest below.) The post with the most likes, repins, and comments will win. Everyone who enters will get a 10% PUNJAMMIES coupon for your next online purchase.
1. To enter, post on IPP's Facebook Timeline with a photo of you and your mom (or just your mom) and answer the question in fewer than 500 characters: Who Are You Because of Her? The post with the most likes and comments will win.
2. Share the post on your own Facebook newsfeed. Friends and family who wish to vote must go directly to IPP’s Facebook Fan Page and like your post directly on the timeline. “Likes” gained on your share link will not be counted, as we are unable to count those due to varying privacy settings.
3. Everyone who enters will be emailed a 10% off coupon code for your next online PUNJAMMIES™ purchase.
4. Please see Contest Rules at the bottom of the page.
1. To enter, post a photo of you and your mother to one of your Pinterest boards. If you don’t have any photos of you and your mother, post one of just her, or a picture that represents your relationship.
2. In the description on your pin, answer the question, “Who Are You Because of Her?”
3. MAKE SURE you leave enough characters to use the hashtag #MomsWearHope in the comment. That way we can find your entry after you post it. Remember, you only have 500 characters on Pinterest, so make your words count.
4. Email a link to your pin to with a link to your original pin. The pin with the most unique repins will win.
5. Everyone who enters will be emailed a 10% off coupon code for your next online PUNJAMMIES™ purchase.
6. Please see contest rules at the bottom of the page.
1. If you would like to enter twice, post your entry both to Facebook and Pinterest.
2. We will run the contest twice. The first contest begins Thursday, April 26th and ends Thursday, May 3rd at 12 p.m. PST. The second contest will begin at 12:15 p.m. PST on Thursday, May 3rd and ends Thursday, May 10th at 12 p.m. PST. Any likes or repins submitted after 12 p.m. on May 10th will not be considered. You may enter both contests.
3. The first winner will be announced on Friday, May 4th. The second winner will be announced on Friday, May 11th via Facebook and Pinterest.
4. Posts with over 500 characters will not be considered for the contest.
5. Must be a resident of the U.S. or Canada.
Thanks! We look forward to reading your stories!
Posted on Nov 12, 2011 | LEAVE A COMMENT
Special thanks to Shop To Stop Slavery for putting together this amazing shopping guide and including Punjammies by International Princess Project! Check out this year's Shop to Stop Slavery Ethical Holiday Shopping Guide -- PUNJAMMIES™ on page 42!
Posted on Jun 15, 2011 | 13 COMMENTS
Block printing is a traditional Indian art involving intricate designs hand carved into blocks of wood, dipped in dye, and layered onto fabric.
A few of our latest PUNJAMMIE™ styles are block-printed by artisans in Andhra Pradesh. Recently West Elm filmed artisans in Rajasthan creating this fascinating art.
View the video here.
Posted on Jun 13, 2011 | 15 COMMENTS
The winner from last week's PUNJAMMIES™ giveaway has been notified via email.
Check back for future giveaways, and thanks for your participation and enthusiasm!